The following is considered as Personal information
- Email address.
- Telephone number
- Delivery address.
When do we collect personal information?
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest we collect - Email address, Name, Telephone number (not mandatory), Delivery address.
- If you’re an existing customer or if you wish to create an account with us. The personal information is Email address, Name, Telephone number (not mandatory), Delivery address.
- We also collect your card details while you are making a payment. The details collected are encrypted and we use this data in case of refund or return activities.
- If you make a purchase on our website, we keep track of your order history which will only be used for marketing purposes only to benefit you to take advantage of the discount coupons, free delivery options, give away gifts, popular products of the week and new stock updates.
- If you subscribe to our emails about promotions, gardening tips and hints, new product launches and product information via order confirmation or if you subscribe through the pop-up on our website. All the emails you receive will contain unsubscribe links if you no longer wish to hear from us.
- When you contact us by sending a message, writing to us or phoning the customer services.
- We collect notes from the conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make only to serve you better in the future.
- If you are an amazon or e-bay customer, we only have your name and delivery address which will not be stored. We also don’t keep note of conversations with you.
- When you engage with us on our social media pages.
How do we use your personal data?
We use personal data only to make the customer experience better on our website and to benefit the customer by sending customised marketing messages like promotional offers, popular products, new stock updates, products the customer might be interested in. We abide by the new GDPR policy which allows us to store personal data but to be transparent about the whole process without misusing the personal data.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data
- To process order, you make by using our website, or amazon/e-bay.
- To refund or return, we make use of the card details which are stored in an encrypted format.
- With your consent, we use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed about the new stock updates, discount options, promotional offers, popular products or any other customised marketing messages. We do the communication via email, text, flyer/leaflet packed with the product.
- To send you survey and feedback requests so that you play a bigger role in helping us to serve you better.
How do we protect your personal data?
We treat the customers’ data with utmost care and we take all appropriate steps to protect it.
All the passwords and credit card numbers are never recorded as the payment communication happens between stripe and the browser. All the data is transmitted over HTTPS which is secure technology for transactional purposes.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible attacks and vulnerabilities.
We use Smartlook to identify areas of improvement on our website and make it a better experience for you. Session replay is the online equivalent of recording calls in a call centre for training and quality purposes. Session recordings are automatically deleted after 30 days.
With whom do we share your personal data?
The personal information we collect when you shop online will not be disclosed to third parties other than when order details are processed as part of the order fulfilment. In this case, we assure that the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
We deliver our products through the following third-party services.
- APC – click here for more information
Right to access your personal data - If you want to get access to the personal data we hold about you, you can call our customer services on +44 (0 1903 258 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to withdraw consent
- If you wish to withdraw consent, or object you can call our customer services on +44 (0) 1903 258 200 or email email@example.com
- In that case, we will stop sending you emails (promotions, gardening hints and tips, product information, product launches etc.) and stop using your personal data for direct marketing
- Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
- If you need to correct any inaccuracies in your data, please contact our customer services on +44 (0) 1903 258 200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If we choose not to action your request, we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
How do you unsubscribe?
All the emails you receive will contain unsubscribe links if you no longer wish to hear from us.
If you do want to receive any marketing emails from us, please email us on email@example.com
Payment gateway policy
We encrypt data to safeguard your payment information and only accept orders from web browsers which have a secure connection. This encryption makes it impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information you send us.
Here are the list of payment gateways we use on our website
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilises the data collected to allow us to track and examine the use of this site to improve it for our customers, and to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network. Our systems are not designed to associate personal information with your activities (such as pages you view or things you click on or search for).
Personal data collected: Cookie and Anonymous Usage Data.
Place of processing: USA.
Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings at www.google.com/settings/ads
You can also use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
If you have any questions that we haven’t been covered, Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0) 1903 258 200 (Monday-Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm – excluding bank holidays)
If you need to correct any inaccuracies in your data, please email email@example.com