Find out what to do in your garden now.
- Give the borders one last tidy before Christmas by removing any debris, leaves etc.
- Check newly planted shrubs for windrock (loosened soil around base) after strong winds, firming the soil.
- Avoid any pruning when frost or snow is forecast. Replenish bird feeders as soon as they run out.
- Mulch if the weather is still mild.
- Harvest winter veg like sprouts etc.
- Clear any remaining plant debris and compost.
- Prune free standing apples, pears, currants and gooseberries.
- Do not prune stone fruit until spring to avoid silver leaf disease.
- Prune grape vines by mid-December.
- Continue to plant fruit bushes etc.
- Divide and re plant rhubarb.
- Lag outdoor taps and pipes to avoid them freezing.
- Ventilate greenhouse on mild days.
Written by: Alex Bell, www.alexbellgardendesign.co.uk
No comments have been submitted yet.
Why not be the first to send us your thoughts
Thank you for your comments, they will appear shortly once approved.
Leave A Comment
Its check-in time at the bug hotelLooking for a wholesome weekend activity? Why not treat the wildlife in your garden to their very...Preparing for Winter: Autumn Lawn CareAutumn has well and truly arrived, bringing with it a change in the weather as well as a drop in...Garden Gold: How to Start Your Own Compost Heap at HomeCompost is such a valuable addition to your garden, not only is it bursting with nutrients to help...Trees: Getting the best start in lifeTrees, the most important life sources on our planet, to ensure they get the best start in life, try...Autumn Lawn Care - The NPK Ratio ExplainedUnlike most of the other plants in your garden, a lawn takes a beating.
1Plastic plant pots dimensions and usesUnlike most of the other plants in your garden, a lawn takes a beating.
2Peat vs Peat Free - Choose the right Potting CompostUnlike most of the other plants in your garden, a lawn takes a beating.
3How to Grow Watercress at home in plant potsUnlike most of the other plants in your garden, a lawn takes a beating.
4Perlite - How useful it can be in your Gardening Job!Unlike most of the other plants in your garden, a lawn takes a beating.
5A Guide to Our Potting Composts & Soil ImproversUnlike most of the other plants in your garden, a lawn takes a beating.